Durban Lamb Chop Curry Recipe
Thanks to Rajashree for sharing her recipe to this incredible Durban Lamb Chops Curry, with UTD Potatoes (gravy soakers)
An absolute explosion of colour & flavour which you can cook at home by following her step-by-step recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Durban Curry
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1.5 kg lamb chops
- Oil (enough to cover base of pot) or as desired
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star aniseed
- 2 bayleaf
- 4–5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1tsp crushed ginger
- 1tsp whole cumin
- 1 tblsp medium masala
- 2 tblsp hot kashmiri masala
- 1 tblsp rombo rossi masala
- 1/2 tsp each of kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 4 tblsps tomato puree
- 5 potatoes halved
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil, add onions, cinnamon sticks, star aniseeds, bay leaves and whole cumin.
- Once onions start browning and is translucent, add ginger, garlic and all spices, stir well and add chops and salt and stir well to coat meat evenly.
- Cover pot and let it cook on low heat, allow chops to fry and then add water as required for about 40 mins.
- Now add tomatoes, tomato puree and potatoes and water as desired for a rich gravy and cook for about 20 – 30 mins until potatoes are soft.
- Garnish and enjoy with rice or rotis or in a bunny.
- Spices can be adjusted depending on individual taste.
Keywords: durban curry, lamb chops, lamb curry