Durban Chops Chutney with Potato Wedges
Oh my … how amazing does this look?
Thanks to Rajashree for sharing her recipe to her absolutely delicious Durban Chops Chutney (lamb chops)
Cook this at home by following her step-by-step recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 80
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Durban Curry
- Method: Moderate
- Cuisine: Indian
- 18 lamb chops
- Oil (enough to cover base of pot) or as desired
- 2 large onions sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star aniseed
- 3 bayleaf
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 1 tblspn crushed garlic
- 1tsp crushed ginger
- 2 tblspns kashmiri chilli powder 1/2 tsp each of coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder
- 6 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 tblsps tomato puree
- 4 to 6 green chillies
- Salt to taste
For the Potatoes
- 3 potatoes cut into wedges
- Toss these with a little egg yellow color and fine salt.
- Steam for about 8 mins and then roast until just crispy.
- Alternately fry wedges in oil.
For the Chops
- Heat oil, add 1 sliced onion, cinnamon sticks, star aniseeds, bay leaves and whole cumin.
- Once onions start browning and is translucent, add ginger, garlic, lamb chops, salt and stir well.
- Cover pot and let it cook on low heat till meat is tender for about 40 mins. A little water may be added.
- When meat starts to fry. add all the ground spices, chopped tomatoes, the 2nd sliced onion, green chillies and tomato puree.
- Cook for a further 20 – 30 mins till meat is well done.
- Add roasted potato wedges and garnish.
- Spices can be adjusted depending on individual taste.
Keywords: Durban Curry, Durban Lamb Curry, Chops Chutney, Lamb