Chicken Bunny Chow by Irene
Today we are excited to share a beautiful Chicken Bunny Chow, by Irene Enoch.
Here is the recipe so that you can cook this delicious dish at home.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Curry
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Indian
- Half Chicken – cut , skinned, rinsed & dried.
- Rombo Rossi Masala (Hot)
- Chillie Powder
- Chicken Masala
- Jeera & Dhania Powder mix
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- Ginger & Garlic Paste
- 2 Peeled Potatoes – Quartered
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Honey
- Grated Tomatoes
- Place the Chicken & Potatoes in a bowl.
- Add spices & salt to the chicken and mix well.
- Heat oil & add star anise, cloves & bay leaf, allow to sizzle.
- Add 1 medium chopped onion, let it fry.
- Add ginger paste n garlic paste (Stir quick, as is splatters, so be careful).
- Add your grated tomatoes with 1 T tomato paste,1/4 tsp honey.
- Stir , add water until level with 1/4 of the pot.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, add the chicken & potatoes.
- Stir, check for salt.
- Add 1/2 cup hot water & cover.
- Curry should be done in between 20 to 25minutes, check in between on your potatoes.
Keywords: bunny chow, chicken