Sugar Beans Dhal Recipe
Thanks to Rajashree B for sharing her recipe.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Vegetarian Curry
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 cans of Saikav sugar beans (from Gorimas/ Checkers) or soak and boil your own.
- 1 thinly sliced medium onion
- 1 small chopped tomato
- 1/2 green pepper cut into strips (optional)
- 3 green chillies sliced lengthwise
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1tspn chilli powder
- 1/2 tspn jeera powder
- 1/2 tspn dhania powder
- 1/2 tspn turmeric powder
- Place all ingredients in a pot, (beans with brine) add 2 to 3 cups of water and let it boil gently, without lid on.
- For braising
- In a small frying pan/pot, add 3 tblspns of margarine, 2 tspns of jeera seeds, and a small sliced onion, fry until translucent.
- When all dhall ingredients are soft and dhall starts to thicken, add the braised onions and jeera mixture to the dhall, switch stove off, leave the pot on it and cover pot with its lid to allow the flavour to infuse. Serve with starch of choice.
See more Veg / Meat Free Curry Recipes
If you would like to try our Durban Curry Lovers, All-in-One Masala, you can purchase from our online store www.currylovers.co.za
We deliver nationwide and internationally. If your country is not on the list, then pls contact me and I will arrange the delivery.
Keywords: Sugar Beans, Dhal, Vegetarian