Tinned Fish Curry with Mielie Rice
Tinned fish curry with UTD potatoes and mealie rice.
Thanks for Jennifer N for sharing her recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Durban Curry
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 Potato (cut into 6 pieces)
- 2 Jam Tomatoes (grated)
- 1 Small Onion (sliced)
- 1 Green Chilli (cut in half)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of masala
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger and garlic
- Curry leaves
- I can of 215g tinned fish (cleaned, the tomato sauce must be added to the grated tomato)
- Heat little oil in a pot
- Add sliced onion and green chilli and sauté until soft.
- Add turmeric, masala and ground ginger and garlic, mix well
- Add grated tomato, potato and curry leaves, salt to taste and cook till potatoes are soft.
- Then add the fish and cook on low for 8 to 10 minutes
Keywords: Tinned Fish, Lucky Star, Durban Curry, Mielie Rice