Cabbage with Butter Beans Curry
An absolutely delicious vegetarian Durban Curry by Maurine C.
Thank you for sharing the recipe to this delicious dish.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 onion finely sliced.
- 3 tomatoes pureed.
- Curry leaves.
- 1 can butter beans, rinse out brine.
- Fresh cabbage cut in chunky pieces.
- Oil.. I added a little extra. Coconut or normal cooking oil.
- 1/2 tsp ginger and garlic paste.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- 1/2 tsp garum masala.
- 1/2 tsp soomph.
- 1/2 tsp geera and dhania.
- 2 tsp mother in law chilli powder.
- 3 tsp Kashmir chilli powder.
- Salt to taste.
- Braise onion in hot oil
- Add fresh ginger and garlic paste
- Add turmeric, soomph, dhania and geera, garum, Kashmiri, mother in law , spices one at a time – sauté, add tomatoes and cook
- Add rinsed butter beans (not the brine), add cabbage and cook in the spices
- Add water, a little at a time, add salt & cook until the cabbage is soft.
Keywords: Vegetarian, cabbage, butter beans, curry, durban