My lovely wife and I knocked this 4 bean curry together in 15 mins, whilst we were busy cooking Sunday lunch. It was supposed to be an accompaniment, but we ended up eating it with fresh bread and butter, as a starter whilst we were cooking. This is what life is about.
- 1 Can of 4 Bean mix
- 1 Med-Large Onion
- 50 – 100g Tomato Paste (to your preference. Can use fresh tomato or even both together.)
- Fresh Chillies
- Fresh Dhania
- Blob of butter
- Sunflower oil
- Gorimas Extra Special Durban Masala
- 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1/2 Fenugreek Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Garlic & Ginger to taste
- Curry Leaves
1. Gently heat your oil & add your mustard seeds, garam masala & fenugreek powder. (make sure not to burn)
2. Add your onion, stir & then your garlic & ginger paste & saute until soft.
3. Add your Masala/Curry Powder and saute until fragrant (make sure not to burn)
4. Add your Tomato or Grated Fresh Tomatoes or even a mix of both and saute until the tomatoes have melted and you have a rich gravy. (add water as required, if the gravy starts to stick or is too dry)
5. Add Curry Leaves & Salt
6. Add your can of Beans, gently mix, reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins
7. Garnish with dhania leaves (corriander)
8. Ready to serve.