Mushroom, Peas & Potato Curry
This beautiful meat-free dish was shared by Rajashree B
Such a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Durban Curry
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, cubed and steamed for 5 mins
- 2 trays white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas steamed for 2 mins
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tspn crushed garlic
- 1/2 tspn crushed ginger
- 2 tblspns kashmiri masala
- 1/2 tspn each of chilli, tumeric, dhania & jeera powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to cover base of pot
- Heat oil, add onions, fry until it starts to brown, add cinnamon sticks, ginger, garlic and all powdered spices. Add tomatoes and stir well.
- Now add mushrooms, peas and potatoes, stir well to coat these vegetables.
- Allow to cook for 5 mins, then add water as desired and cook on low heat for about 20 mins or until well done and gravy thickens. Garnish and serve with starch of choice.
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, mushroom, peas, potatoes, curry, meatfree