No Durban Curry is complete without being accompanied by the famous carrot salad which we call Sambals. It is very easy to make and adds a delicious freshness and crunch to the meal.
Everybody has their own recipe and idea of the perfect sambal, so please see this recipe as a starting point to you finding your own perfect recipe.
- Grated Carrot
- Finely chopped Onion
- Chopped Tomato
- Chopped Chilli
- Dhania Leaves
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Vinegar (brown, white, apple cider or whatever your choice)
- Add onion, carrot, tomatoes & chilli to a bowl
- Add vinegar to taste
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Mix in some dhania leaves for flavour
- Serve alongside your favourite durban curry.