Durban Mutton Mince Curry Recipe
This absolutely delicious Mutton Mince Curry, caused quite a stir amongst the members of our group, “We are Durban Curry Lovers”. Members were literally begging to become boarders or neighbours so that they could grab a plate, ever now and then.
That is what cooking and community is all about.
Cook this Durban Mutton Mince Curry, following Rajashree’s step-by-step recipe below. Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Durban Curry
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Indian
- 750 grams mutton mince
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star aniseed
- 2 bayleaf
- 4–5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 Teaspoon whole cumin
- 1 Tablespoon medium masala
- 2 Tablespoon hot kashmiri masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon each of kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder
- 1 large tomatoe chopped
- 2 Tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 potatoes cut into quarters
- 4 eggs, boiled and sliced in halves
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil, add onions, cinnamon sticks, star aniseeds, bay leaves and whole cumin.
- Once onions start browning and is translucent, add ginger, garlic and all spices, stir well.
- Now add mince and salt and stir well.
- Cover pot and let it cook on low heat for 10 to 15 mins.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, potatoes, peas and water as desired for a rich gravy and cook for 30 mins on medium heat, until potatoes are soft.
- Lastly add eggs.
- Garnish and enjoy with rice or rotis or in a bunny!
- Spices can be adjusted depending on individual taste.
If you do not have mutton mince, then you can use beef or even chicken mince.
Keywords: Mutton Mince, Durban Curry