Durban Mango Pickle Recipe
The members of Durban Curry Lovers were sure buzzing after the talented Desa Gounden shared photos of her beautiful Bunny Chow & Mango Pickle.
Desa was kind enough to give a step-by-step explanation so that we can all prepare this iconic Durban pickle at home.
- 1kg Green Mangoes (Quartered and with the pip removed)
- White Vinegar
- Vegetable Oil
- Pickle Masala
Desa explains how she prepared her delicious pickle.
- I chopped my mangoes about a kilos worth into quarters removed the seeds.
- Rinsed them well and let them dry out for a day (indoors).
- I then boiled them in white vinegar for 10 minutes.
- Drained the vinegar out and then put them in an airtight container & sprinkled 100g pickle masala and enough vegetable oil to coat and soak the mangoes.
- I did not add salt as the pickle masala has it.
- Seal and leave in room temperature to soak making sure you mix it up now and then.
- Ready to serve after a day or so.
Keywords: durban pickle, mango pickle