We all appreciate the convenience of store bought garlic & ginger paste, but how many of us have even made our own?
You know when you visit someone and their curry just smells better than yours, but you use a similar recipe & technique – and even shop at the same spice shop?
I am willing to bet that it is because they make their own Garlic & Ginger Paste.
Don’t get left behind, here is a recipe to make your own.
- 500 grams Ginger, peeled and chopped
- 250 grams Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1-3 Green Chillies, chopped. (keep seeds if you want it hot)
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Water as required (see method)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or liquidiser
- Blend together, adding little bits of water as required to get your preferred texture
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 months in a sealed container, or freeze for up to six months.
Hint: Use an ice-cube tray and place just the right amount for your normal usage into the ice tray and freeze. Remove the frozen blocks when you need them.