Jenn’s Durban Mutton Curry Recipe
Jennifer, from Jenn’s Fun with Foods, gives us a masterclass in cooking a delicious Durban Mutton Curry.
Follow this step-by-step recipe to cook a Durban Mutton Curry at home.
(Hint: Pay attention to step 7. Hot or boiling water, not cold water)
Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 80
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Durban Curry
- Method: Moderate
- Cuisine: Indian
- 2 kg mutton, cut and washed
- 3 onions, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, grated
- Potatoes, cleaned, washed and cut into 4s
- 3 tsp Kashmiri masala
- 3 tsp Bombay delight masala
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp jeera and Dhania powder
- Few cardamom, cloves, 2 cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, star aniseed
- 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- Curry leaves
- Fry onion in some oil
- Add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and aniseed
- Cook for few minutes
- Add turmeric, masala and jeera and Dhania powder
- Add ginger and garlic paste & mix well
- Add mutton, salt
- Cook for 45 minutes, keep adding little hot water at a time,
- Add tomatoes
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Add potatoes
- Cook until potatoes are done
Jennifer shares more of her recipes on her Facebook group, Jenns Fun with Food.
Here are some more Mutton Curry Recipes
You are invited to join our Facebook group, “We are Durban Curry Lovers“, where a group of wonderful people share their tips, tricks & family secrets on our quests in becoming a Master Curry Chefs.
Keywords: Durban Curry, Mutton Curry, Mutton